The Missions Hub is so excited to launch another group of Missions Disciplers in 2019!
The Missions Discipler will be trained and equipped to see what God is doing in other people within their communities, and to disciple and speak truth into their lives. The aim will be to build upon and strengthen that which is already happening in their church, campus group and the world. There will be strong components of both mentorship and learning-in-process within this role, provided by the Missions Hub. The Missions Discipler will be involved in a cause much greater than themselves as they help Christians to connect with opportunities to serve in meaningful ways. The Missions Discipler will grow in her understanding of global missions.
Key Qualities for this Position:
- A servant’s heart: Someone who thrives on supporting and building up other people / groups
- A learner’s attitude: someone who has an appreciation and growing understanding of missions
- A relationship-builder: Someone who understands Kingdom values and how to engage people in mission
- An initiative taker: Someone who can work independently and in a team; Someone who has a great capacity for juggling multiple balls and wearing multiple hats
- An individual with strong communication skills: Someone who can clearly share a vision and follow-up
- A drive to succeed : Someone with an incredible determination, commitment and passion for serving Jesus
- A leader and an influencer: Someone who knows the value of passing along what they are given
- If applying to the Student Track: A university student enrolled for the current semester who is currently committed to a campus ministry
10 sessions throughout the year to train with a cohort of leaders from cross Canada (using Zoom calls)
The Missions Hub exists to support and encourage Canadian Christian mission and sending around the world. Located at Knox Church, in downtown Toronto, the Missions Hub brings together students and missionaries, campus groups and missions agencies, Christian professionals and churches to work together for the Kingdom. In its first years of operation, the Missions Hub involved 30+ missions agencies and engaged thousands of students. By providing co-working space, and hosting events, trainings, prayer days, and meetings, the Missions Hub has given us an exciting glimpse of what can be accomplished when we work together in God’s Global Mission (missionshub.ca)
From that first year, it was decided that the Missions Hub would build on the passionate work that had begun by focusing very intentionally on missions discipleship. Located across from the U of T campus, we recognized the opportunity on our doorstep. Five missions agencies and one church (OMF, TEAM, SIM, AVANT, Wycliffe Bible Translators, Knox World Mission) set out to work together through the Missions Hub to collaborate with multiple other missions agencies, churches and campus groups. In 2016, the Missions Hub became devoted to partnering with campus groups, to support the growth of students and to share opportunities and resources for global missions. To date, we have collaborated with students from Intervarsity, Power to Change, Chinese Christian Fellowship, and 10+ other campus groups and churches.
The Missions Hub believes that as campus groups are deeply engaging students, they are preparing Christian students for lifelong ministry. The Missions Hub wants those students to be well-resourced in mission on their campus and in the world. Our prayer is that the Missions Hub will be a catalyst for missional engagement.
Who: Student leaders, church leaders, and lay leaders from across Canada, as recommended by their fellowship
When: 1.5 hour sessions, monthly (usually the last Monday of the month, EST 7:30-9pm)
Where: The Missions Hub (630 Spadina Ave, Toronto) or via Zoom video calling
Application Process: https://goo.gl/forms/D5BZT2yBdpPa95T82
Applications will be evaluated soon, please apply asap to be considered.